We made hamburgers tonight. After seeing two different recipes with cheese in them we decided to give cheesy burgers another shot. Especially now that we have not drowned the burgers in spices like last time (oops, my fault). This was kind of a “what we have on hand” recipe.
Burgers with Cheese inside v2
Makes 8 burgers
- 2 lb hamburger (or any ground meat; not frozen!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2c onion (minced into small pieces)
- 1t oregano
- 1t “Italian Seasoning”
- 2.5oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2c crumbled feta cheese
- Chop cheese into 1/4″ inch cubes
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and be sure to mix well.
- Heat griddle (We used a large griddle, you can use a pan on the stove) to med-high (375 degrees F on the griddle)
- Create 8 patties using your hands. It helps to put a small “dimple” in the middle, then the burgers don’t bulge so bad in the middle.
- Put on an appropriate number of burgers so they have about 1″ between them.
- Cook on one side till the sides of the burger are brown, you want to make sure they are cooked all the way.
- Flip and finish cooking
- Top with what you want and enjoy!
Warning! These will look slightly burned on the outside, this is just carmelization of the cheese.
These were SO tasty that I was a total fat kid (and I was intensely hungry) and I ate two of these burgers. I also ate a bunch of green beans. I would love to put more veggies in. Maybe next time. I would say they were 1/4lb, but with the cheeses and onions, I doubt it was that little. Good thing, though, is that you don’t have to add any cheese on top of these! 😀 We didn’t have lettuce or tomato, which I usually like to top my burgers with. For that I was sad, but it tasted good and our burgers were nice and juicy instead of dried out, which was likely due to the egg. Or so I am told.