There have been many things that going on lately. I thought I would share these with you. If you want to read these tidbits.
1. Since posting the recipe for Frybread, I have decided that I want to do a video explaining how the dough is supposed to look, what the oil is supposed to look like when it is ready, etc. It will take editing, filming, making my house look amazing for the actual filming process, making sure I look good, trying to not get flour everywhere like I usually do. It will be quite the process, but it will make it easier for people to figure out how to do it and what it is supposed to look like.
2. I have lost 10 pounds in the past three months. Yeah, this isn’t too much, but it is still something to celebrate for me. It is a slow progression, much slower than I would prefer… but if I keep this up I may be able to wear something smaller than a 22 for my birthday. If not, I am not gonna freak out… but it would be nice to lose this weight. Gotta find me a gym or something. And perhaps stop eating the junk food I am kind of addicted to. That chocolate will get me anytime.
3. I will have an updated prescription on my glasses for the first time in almost eight years. I know, bad habit… I have a bad habit of spending money on other things: friends, family, bills, taking care of my children [read: cats], and having a good time. I haven’t gotten the full hang of budgeting yet. I am kind of impulsive and compulsively take care of other people. You may find this a fault, but I think it is better to take care of people. You never know who you will come face to face with. Perhaps it is the divine you bought a loaf of bread for, or paid your best friend to-be’s bill for one month and it will return to you ten-fold in the odds and ends of friendship, or perhaps you just tossed one more starfish into the sea and simply “made a difference to that one.” I am excited to see better soon, but am apprehensive about the testing. I don’t want to go in and hear “uhm… you are extremely blind!,” or something like that.
4. I got that internship!!! I know this is the news some of you have been waiting for. After all of that advice from you, dear readers, the 2am consultation, the prayers and hopes and good wishes…. after all of that support I got the job. They called me at 11am (I had to clear my throat before I said “hello” since I have a cold right now. Geh.) and said they were “very impressed with [my] interview, and would like [me] to be their intern.” I was really excited (but sick, so I couldn’t be too enthusiastic) and said I was honored to take the position. They said I was “very articulate” and restated that they were impressed. I am excited because this means that I get to work on a project that is worthwhile, that will make a difference. I will also gain new skills and valuable knowledge. 😀 I dunno how many people applied, but that means that over everyone they picked me and decided I was the right candidate for the job. Were I not feeling under the weather I would be jumping around for joy… but I just don’t have the energy.
5. My family and friends. I have had a great time spending time with them lately. — I got to go to another of my sisters’ tournaments. I had a bit more explained to me by an insider, so it made a little more sense to a degree, but not really. I know a few more names, but I don’t know or understand more. It was still fun to spend time with my daddy, my mamma (whom I owe a pan of brownies for all her help lately), my brother, and my baby sister (who is acutally 11 and the one playing volleyball). We went to dinner at Shari’s, where the dinner unfortunately was so salty it gave me a stomachache… The waiter was nice enough to give me something else and then wipe the first meal from the ticket. There was a great deal of fun involved, though. Fun conversation and silly interactions abound! I always look forward to spending time with my friends and family. 😀
6. I have a booth at a Powwow in March! It is kind of really exciting for me. I usually don’t do too many art shows and powwows, but this one is one that I intend to do for as long as I can. I want to be a return-vendor at this powwow for years. I will be putting my etsy on vacation mode that weekend, so if you want to buy something you will have to do it before then to make sure you get it! (More about this on my art blog, found here: http://picpictewlikitpe.blogspot.com)
Happy valentine’s, by the way, kinda belated. I don’t wanna go on my usual rambly rant about it, the unfairness of the commercial system, the oddness of a holiday that has nothing to do with the saint for whom it is named, etc. My friend Melissa gave a nice reflection on the subject, if you want to check it out.