So, I took this from an online source and tweaked it a little bit. I really like how simple this meal is and relatively quickly. It is a pretty healthy dish, too. And very delicious.
Easy Chicken Zucchini
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium to large zucchini
- 2 onions
- 4T any kind of cheese, grated or shredded
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- herbs/spices to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- cut chicken in 1/2 at the thickest part and arrange in 9×13 baking pan (either nonstick or sprayed with no-stick spray)
- Add salt, pepper, and herbs/spices to taste (I like using Italian spices), and cheese evenly across the chicken breasts.
- slice zucchini in 1/4″ slices, same with onions.
- cover chicken with sliced zucchini, then top the zucchini with the sliced onion.
- Bake 30 mins, covered.
- Remove from oven and let sit to chill a bit.
- Serve and enjoy!
It is really tasty with garlic-roasted vegetables, too. A few friends of mine told me I have to post this recipe. I am sorry it has taken so long.
Hope you enjoy!