Hello, family and friends! My Mamma’s Apple Pie recipe is still coming soon. I keep forgetting to grab my hand-written cookbook to get it. I have yet to memorize it.
To make up for it, I am featuring my Mamma B’s Quick-n-Easy Chocolate Pie recipe. It is partially premade, so that cuts down on time and difficulty. It is tagged “baked-goods,” but it is actually a “no-bake” recipe. It’s even more simple! My Mother-in-Law is one smart lady.
Mamma B’s Quick-n-Easy Chocolate Pie
Makes 1 pie, serving sizes vary according to taste
- 1 premade chocolate-crumb pie crust
- 1 box chocolate pudding mix, NON-instant (not the teeny box)
- 1 carton chocolate soy milk (household has lactose-intolerant people, and this actually makes the pie tastier)
- Whipped Topping of your choice (optional)
- Read the directions on the chocolate pudding package. whether you use the microwave or stovetop is up to you, both work well.
- Follow the cooking directions on the chocolate pudding package, using the chocolate soy milk instead of regular milk.
- Take the packaging off the premade crust, then pour the hot pudding into the crust.
- Refrigerate the pie until the pudding is completely cool. This will likely take a few hours. (We like to put the clear packaging back on the pie, upside-down, to keep it safe in the fridge.)
- Cut, top with whipped topping if you wish, serve, and enjoy your pie!
Feel free to use one of the following, or one of your own ideas to change-it-up!
- Bananas! Layer bananas and the chocolate pudding.
- Mint add as an extract or use mint-flavored chips.
- More Chocolate! Feel free to add chocolate chunks or chips to add texture and, of course, more chocolate.
And there you have it! I hope you enjoy this recipe, which is definitely a wonderful “Pie Season” treat!